Saturday, August 16, 2008

Welcome!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm Jana, the co-author of this blog. Together with Alison, we want to make this a place where we can all chill and chat about the books we're reading.

A little about me: I'm Jana, 28 years old and newly married. I've loved reading for as long as I can remember, and almost always have several books being read.

I absolutely ADORE mystery and suspense books! Some fav authors: JD Robb, Mary Higgins Clark, Patricia Cornwell, Elizabeth Peters, and Nevada Barr. I love books that either keep me on the edge of my seat, or teach me new things as I read along. The absolute BEST books? Ones that can do both! I also have a soft spot for books involving forensic science... or any kind of science, really.

OH! And speaking of science, Sci-fi books are another love of mine, specifically Star Trek novels! The absolute BEST author of those is John Vornholt... his books are completely AMAZING!!!!!!! And can you believe, my neighbor is giving me FOUR BOXES of Star Trek novels? FOUR BOXES!!!!! I'm in heaven. But where on earth to PUT them? LOL

Classics are always fun! Macbeth with it's amazing quotes, Jane Eyre spouting feminist ideals LONG before they were popular, and Poe with his dark dark stories... perfect for a dark stormy night alone!

Then there are some novels that I just plain love. East of Eden by John Steinbeck, White Oleander, Last of the Honky-Tonk Angels, ANYTHING by Robin Cook, and even the occasional Janette Oke.

And to spare you from your boredom, I won't EVEN go into my non-fiction loves! LOL I just wanted to give you a small glimpse into the reading life of a Jana... and now I can't wait to get to know all of YOUR book loves!

No comments: